vSphere Data Protection CLI
When dealing with VDP, a lot of the things you need to do are not possible from the GUI, I will try to list some of the more useful commands that you can use through SSH to the appliance.
- Status of all services on the VDP appliance
dpnctl status all
- General status of garbage collection, de-duplication, last checkpoint…etc
- Changes in the size of the backup per VM, this is good to know for capacity planning
- Get a list of running tasks
mccli activity show
This will give a list of activity with IDs as well as the status of each activity.
- Get the log of a certain activity
mccli activity get-log --id=XXXXXXXXXX
You get the ID from the “show” command, this will give you a nice log of what is going on.
- Cancel a running activity
mccli activity cancel --id=XXXXXXXXXX
- Get a list of all registered clients (backup sources)
mccli client show --recursive=true
- Kick a backup of a single client by hand
mccli client backup-dataset --name=VM_NAME --domain=/DOMAIN/DOMIN
The VM_NAME and DOMAIN you will get from the “show” command
I will keep adding commands in here as I find them
vmware/vdp-mccli.txt · Last modified: 2015/01/22 02:22 by naccad