|Nicholas Accad |
|Montreal, Quebec, Canada |
- 10+ years of Unix systems administration experience.
- Very good knowledge of TCP/IP (4/6),FTP, HTTP, SMB, SMTP.
- Knowledge of several operating systems (Linux, Solaris, Open/Free/NetBSD, Windows 2000/2003)
- Successful experience in designing, implementing and managing computer networks for medium-to-large enterprises (Unix/Windows/Netware)
- Good knowledge of several scripting languages including Perl, HTML, bash and some Python.
- Good knowledge of Relational Database Systems and SQL such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQLite.
- Blingual: Fluency in English and French.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Data analysis and problem solving.
- Efficient team worker with high sensitivity to deadlines.
|Professional Experience |
- Hexago Inc. (Montreal, QC)
- January 2008 -
- Systems Administrator
- Manage company netowrks and servers.
- Assist in IPv6 Broker implementations and management.
- Research and development for Ipv6 applications and implementations
- Experience: Linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD, Cisco, Ipv6, Zimbra/Cyrus migration.
- Maximum Throughput Inc. (Montreal, QC)
- November 2006 - January 2008
- Cross-Platform Systems Administrator
- Manage all company networks and servers.
- GigE networks, SAN/NAS testing.
- Experience: Linux (RHEL/CentOS), OpenVPN, OSX, IRIX.
- Mamma.com Inc (Montreal, QC)
- April 2003 - November 2006
- Servers and Networks Administrator
- Manage all company servers in 5 data centers across North America.
- Mail, Web, and DNS administration.
- Network Administration
- Reorganization and documentation of all networks and procedures.
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX-404) compliance and documentation.
- LDAP/SSO design and implementation.
- Experience: Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, VPN, MySQL, Oracle 9i, OpenLDAP, Windows Serevers (2000/2003)
- Primonics Inc (Montreal, QC)
- November 2001 - April 2003
- System/Network Administrator
- Manage company LAN/WAN in two data centers.
- IT consulting for company clients (Mail, Web, Firewalls..etc)
- Experience: Linux, NT, Solaris, SAP (Basis), VPNs, Checkpoint FW-1
- Internet Globale/Generosity Without Borders (Montreal, QC)
- January 2001 - November 2001
- System Administrator/Webmaster
- Create and maintain ISP/Company websites.
- Manage ISP environment (routers, terminal servers..etc)
- Unix and NT systems administrator.
- Experience: Solaris, Linux, SCO, BSDi, NT4/Windows 2000, Sendmail/Postfix, BIND, Apache, IIS, Perl, HTML, CGI, PostgreSQL.
|Education and Training |
- Helwan University (Cairo, Egypt)
- School of Business Administration
- Business Administration/MIS
- 1995 - 1998
- The American University in Cairo
- C.A.C.E program (Cont. Ed.)
- Professional Certificate in Computers and Programming
- 1992 - 1995
- College de La Salle (Cairo, Egypt)
- High School Diploma
- Major: Math/French